Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HE FINALLY MOVES TO CANADA ON FEB 2008 ON WORK PERMIT

After applying for his visa three years ago, Mr. Ravindran finally came to Canada in Feb 2008. Myself and all the students were very happy that he is finally coming to Canada and we made all arrangement to have a grand welcome party at the head quarters dojo, Parents were invited, food arranged and close to 30 students took the day off from school to come to the Airport to receive him. The flight Jet Airways landed at 11.30 am Toronto Time and we all eagerly waited for his arrival. 3 hours latter all passengers had left and Mr. Ravindran had not come out, concerned and not knowing how to contact him we waited and waited and finally i get a call from him from inside. He said that the immigration people will not let him as one of his document had expired and that they have booked his flight back to Chennai the same night in Jet Airways at 8pm and they will not let him out and asked me please do some thing. I tried to call an MP and when they checked too, the MP called back and said that he need that document updated before immigration will let him out. at this time, I told all students who came to the Airport to go back to the Dojo and that I will figure out how to bring him out, I told them to go and wait at the Dojo and make arrangement there.

It was 5 p.m. now and time was running out, he called me one more time and BEGGED FOR HELP. I went to the immigration office in the airport and told them that I was Mr. Ravindran Thangappans's employer (as he was on a work permit) and I wanted to see the immigration officer and they let me in, after speaking to the office he told me that they can not let him out as one document had expired and that he need to go back to India update it and come back and then they will let him in. I told the office, it is an expensive proposition he was suggesting and that if he allowed Mr. Ravindran 48 hours in to Canada, I will have those documents produced to them with in 48 hours if not I will bring him myself personally and they can deport him back. I gave them my personal identification, my address etc. The officer after speaking to his superior came back and agreed to my suggestion and kept back his passport and gave him 48 hours to produce the document or I was supposed to bring him back and they will send him back to India.

With in 24 hours, I got the required document, and also updated that information on the immigrations systems and that evening went personally and also handed over the documents to them and got 3 years work permit for Mr. Ravindran.
HE STARTS TO SHOW HIS TRUE CHARACTER

Many people tell me and ask me how come I did not see his real character all this years, I only have one explanation for that, BLIND FAITH. what else can i say?

I am the only bread winner in my house, trying to be entrepreneure with out any previous experience. I have tried my hand on lot of business & I will be the first to admit that i have failed in most of the time, but tell me which successful business man has not failed, so how am I different?

When I bought the unit for the karate school, I took on lot of debt on my shoulder, running the family with two kids, taking care of my old aged parents, running the karate school and paying for the over head expenses, on top of that doing a full time Job, simultaneously trying other business opportunity. I realized that I had taken too much on my plate. When Mr. Ravindran came, he landed with no money his hand, for 6 months he stayed in my house, all his basic needs completely taken care by me and my wife.

The day he landed the next day he wanted a cell phone, a laptop computer, and camera and my sons room for his own privacy. The fist few days alone his telephone bills reached $ 300 calling India and telling he was n Canada and having a chit chat and trying to solve Human rights problems from here using my telephone for which I had to pay. We live in a gated community in two bed room condo, a family of 4 and a guest who we had given a room for himself so that he will be comfortable. My wife with two kids and doing all the house hold works from morning to evening and feeding this man three times a day, he could not appreciate that. When I come home he will tell me indirectly that my wife did this and said this, he will not come out of the room to come and eat his food, his food was always served in his room.

I have been a guest to many peoples' house also & I have never expected any one to treat me like that, any way eventually me and my wife started to have problems and as a guru instead of trying to solve our problem, he will speak more bad about my wife and make me angry with her. Finally things got out of control; here I am working full time, running the Karate school, taking care of his needs and my family needs and I was losing it and had no peace in me.

Finally he said that he would like to go and live separately and I agreed to that because, now I can manage both relationship with out losing the other.

The rest I will put in Points.
  • He is more interested in his name rather then working for it. He will never come to karate class. I will finish my job at five and when I call him to tell him I am coming to pick him up, he will make excuses to avoid Karate sessions. Some of this reasons were "I am washing my clothes." How lethargic he could be.
  • His cunning attitude showed vividly when he thought that I was making lot of money in Karate, the big building, 100 students, but he never calculated the expenses to run a place like that, I wish the balance sheet only had income, but it does in his books of accounts.
  • His main aim was only immigration, and second to bring his second wife to Canada (please read below) & after having some heated discussion of the finance, I told him to manage the finance of the company which he agreed.
  • In two months after his visit, I gave his complete access to all of the bank accounts, he was authorized to sign cheques.
  • After few months, he told me that I was right and that what ever income was coming was just enough to pay the expenses and nothing was left for any thing else.
  • After one month he told me that, one of the student who is studying in University of Ottawa has agreed to give him her OSAP Money ( Govt loan for students to study). This money cannot be used for any thing else. I told him that he can not take a students education money for his personal, this is unethical, In spite of that he took the money from this girl. Also he took other money from this girl such as to pay his telephone bills etc. he also took money from the landlord where he was staying close to $5000.
  • Now it is not my problem from who he takes money, the problem is that RMAA has to pay all this loan. I have already invested close to $80,000 in to this through loans and my line of credit savings etc. Now I am paying interest on this loans and on top of that Mr. Ravindran and 50% partner with Zero investment is increasing the liability of the company and most of all our name and reputation.
  • We started to have disagreement on the finance of the company. Mr. Ravindran, with out any investment was make his needs the number one priority then the companies growth and to pay of the companies Outstanding liabilities.
  • In the month of August, I told him it was not possible for me to come and teach there, and the company does not pay my loans back and hence, I told him, I will focus on my job and other business and pay off my loans, while he stays there and teach and build the karate school. After all it was because of me for the last 15 years in Canada single handedly Karate school with out any support financially and so as a partner let him handle it while I pay of my bills through other sources. He agreed to this and said to me not to worry and asked me to go and focus on my Job and the Business and he will take care of the Karate school.
  • Again after one month he borrowed $2000 from this university student, this is where I had a big argument with him, at this time, I spoke with my wife and we agreed that this man will bring this organization to ruins and hence I called him and told him that I do not want to be part of this organization and that i was going to resign from RMAA and he can have it all. I also sent him an email saying that I am resigning for that he responded not to send the resignation through email but send it signed on a white paper.
  • I was shocked that after 28 years when some who you always consider as a soul, you had no feeling to say such a thing, what kind of person he can be. I was just going to get the greatest realization of my life.




No comments: